Porton Pharma Solutions Ltd. is a leading global provider of comprehensive process R&D and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical industry. We specialize in offering end-to-end solutions for small molecule APIs, dosage forms, and biologics. With a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction, we are committed to delivering high-quality products and services that meet the industry’s evolving needs. Our experienced team of experts works tirelessly to ensure every project is completed on time, within budget, and to the highest possible standards. Whether you need support with drug development, manufacturing, or regulatory compliance, Porton Pharma Solutions Ltd. has the expertise and capabilities to help you achieve your goals.
J-STAR Research, Inc. is a subsidiary of Porton that specializes in providing contract chemistry services to the biopharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Our primary focus is resolving intricate chemistry problems relating to Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Intermediates in the preclinical and clinical development phases. We are adept in synthetic chemistry and process research services, which include Process Chemistry, Quality Control, Good Manufacturing Practice, Quality Assurance, Crystallization Research and Development, Solid Form and Polymorph Screening, Catalysis Screening and Enabling Technology, High Potent Compound Handling (HPAPI), Impurity Isolation and Structural Elucidation, and Preformulation and Formulation Research and Development.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Finance Manager to take charge of our financial operations and drive the overall financial success of our organization. The Finance Manager will play a critical role in our team, with responsibilities that include strategic financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, rigorous financial analysis, and ensuring strict compliance with all financial regulations and policies. We need someone who is detail-oriented, able to think critically, and has a deep understanding of financial best practices. We’d love to hear from you if you have the qualifications we’re looking for!
Position Title: Finance Manager
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Direct Report: CFO
- Responsible for overseeing financial data and formulating the company’s financial strategies, ensuring the optimal utilization of finances, evaluating projects and investments, and ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate, control, and organize activities within the financial and accounting department.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies and processes, including accounting policy, cash management policy, etc.
- Ensure business compliance with applicable accounting standards and local tax regulations.
Financial Accounting (General ledger, Accounts receivable, Accounts payable, tax, Fixed assets, etc. )
- Lead team to complete the daily accounting book, timely prepare financial statements including analyzing, reviewing, and validating financial statements
- Lead technical accounting treatment, including Deferred tax calculation, accounting for construction projects, lease treatment, etc.
- Lead team to complete the notes to financial statements and submit to China team for consolidation purpose
- Lead team to collaborate with external auditor to issue annual audit report on time
- Coordinate work with the China accounting team, external partners, and institutions to provide financial information and related support
- Lead local taxation-related work, manage tax filing process with tax firms to ensure adhering to local tax regulations.
Finance Business Partner
- Organize and support the annual budget process of J-Star & PUSA
- Provide support to the J-Star & PUSA team in controlling CAPEX and OPEX of business operations.
- Review significant contracts for appropriate financial terms, and alignment with functions.
- Collaborate with other functions to assess and enhance process designs from a cost perspective, aiming to achieve best practice levels through process improvement initiatives.
- Review and assess changes to employee benefit plans for potential impacts on financial statements.
- Manage controlling processes and establish unified regular reporting, taking into account the requirements of the parent company and owners, and prepare analyses and financial data for company management.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related fields. An MBA/CPA would be considered advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience in finance and accounting.
- Previous experience in CDMO companies or chemical and/or pharmaceutical industries is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting legislation and regulations, knowledge of PRC GAAP would be considered advantageous.
- Experience in preparing financial statements and collaborating with external auditors.
- Comprehensive understanding of the company’s overall economic landscape.
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Effective persuasive communication.
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Goal-oriented and decisive.
- Adaptability to stressful situations and quick changes.
- Self-motivation and proactiveness.
- Reliability and responsibility.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese (Mandarin) is a must.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must be able to work legally in the U.S.
- Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.