Welcome to J-STAR Research, Inc.
Our mission is to help pharmaceutical small molecule R&D programs succeed in all phases of development.
Founded in 1996, J-Star Research has assembled one of the most talented and experienced chemical process teams in the industry.
Contract Services & Capabilities
J-Star Research offers a wide range of small molecule chemistry capabilities and technologies, including:
The focus of the company is on helping the pharmaceutical industry to develop scalable, robust and economically feasible syntheses supporting small molecule pre-clinical development.
- Develop cost-efficient syntheses
- Problem-solving capabilities that lead to novel solutions
- Quickly develop phase appropriate syntheses
- Remove hazardous chemistry
- Developing robust crystallization solutions
Our Analytical Research team provides all of the analytical capabilities needed for process development, GLP studies and GMP campaigns, including:
- HPLC / GC method development for challenging separations including chiral separations
- Method development and testing
- Method transfer / validation
- Reference standard certification
- Separation and Characterization of impurities
- Intermediate and API release testing
- Stability studies
Seamlessly and in parallel with our crystallization experts, we develop rugged processes and formulations that follow rigorous QbD procedures, fundamentals of material science and fit-for-purpose enabling technologies.
- Solid state and powder characterization
- Pre-formulation and pre-clinical packages
- Phase 1 formulation development and supply
- Phase 2 and 3 formulation and process development
- Spray drying technology platform
- HME technology platform
- Co-processing technology platform
Renowned in the industry for the flexibility and innovation of our processes, J-STAR can scale our chemistries to handle quantities from milligram to multi-kilos.
For volume exceeding the capacity of our NJ facilities, we can also leverage our parent company (Porton) to support larger scales spanning to commercial capacity.
- Manufacture intermediates and impurities
- Reference Standards
- GMP APIs
- Raw Materials
Our state-of-the-art facilities are fully equipped and registered to handle specialized development programs, including Controlled Substances (DEA Schedule II-V) and High Potency API Development (HPAPI).