An Integrated Approach to Process Development
Our services in Catalysis and Enabling Technology are differentiated through our integrated approach in the overall process development. We develop efficient catalytic reactions and reaction processes by utilizing the newest tools together with verified experimental techniques, scientific and industrial knowledge.
- Custom development planning (early development vs. manufacturing process or fit for purpose vs. optimized for efficiency).
- High-Throughput Catalyst screening of pressurized and non-pressurized reactions.
- Increased reaction performance through mechanistic understanding, utilizing various experimental and computational techniques.
- Process optimization using High-Throughput DoE experimentation.
- Process robustness with Kinetic-DoE.
- Evaluation and development of batch, semi-batch and flow processes.
- Scale-up under best engineering consideration and representative scalable procedures.
- Efficient technology transfer
Integrated Catalysis & Enabling Technology Advantages
- Flexibility based on needs (e.g. utilization of HTE to evaluate solvent/base combinations)
- Speed, i.e. finding suitable catalysts and reaction conditions quicker with access to one of the world’s largest commercial catalyst libraries
- Experts and generalists, i.e. big picture solutions with expert knowledge
- Efficiency, i.e. using the best phase appropriate tool
- Knowledge retention, i.e. our PhDs utilize their experience across different technologies, platforms and projects
Catalysis & Enabling Technology Services
Cross-Functional Support for Phase-Appropriate Development
A comprehensive development of efficient processes involves all of the above steps. Depending on the needs, we also offer these services separately for phase appropriate development and in conjunction with J-STAR’s other functional groups.
- High-Throughput Screening of reactions
- Statistical and DoE support for NOR/PAR of reactions and crystallization processes
- In-situ reaction monitoring
- Support for pressurized reactions
- Computational chemistry for 1H-NMR, IR spectra, thermodynamic properties.
- Continuous flow for highly reactive intermediates and for safe operations.