Porton Pharma Solutions Ltd. is a leading global provider of comprehensive process R&D and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical industry. We specialize in offering end-to-end solutions for small molecule APIs, dosage forms, and biologics. With a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction, we are committed to delivering high-quality products and services that meet the industry’s evolving needs. Our experienced team of experts works tirelessly to ensure every project is completed on time, within budget, and to the highest possible standards. Whether you need support with drug development, manufacturing, or regulatory compliance, Porton Pharma Solutions Ltd. has the expertise and capabilities to help you achieve your goals.
J-STAR Research, Inc. is a subsidiary of Porton that specializes in providing contract chemistry services to the biopharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Our primary focus is resolving intricate chemistry problems relating to Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Intermediates in the preclinical and clinical development phases. We are adept in synthetic chemistry and process research services, which include Process Chemistry, Quality Control, Good Manufacturing Practice, Quality Assurance, Crystallization Research and Development, Solid Form and Polymorph Screening, Catalysis Screening and Enabling Technology, High Potent Compound Handling (HPAPI), Impurity Isolation and Structural Elucidation, and Preformulation and Formulation Research and Development.
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Instrumentation Maintenance and Calibration Specialist to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, calibration, and inventory management of a wide range of analytical instruments critical to our operations. Your expertise will ensure the accuracy and reliability of our instrumentation, contributing to the success of our research and development efforts.
Position Title: Instrument Engineer
Location: Cranbury and South Plainfield, NJ
Direct Report: Head of Analytical and QC
Instrument Maintenance and Repair:
- Provide meticulous maintenance and repair services for a diverse array of analytical instruments, including but not limited to HPLC, GC, LC-MS, GC-MS, and KF.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues promptly, minimizing downtime and ensuring the instruments are operating optimally.
Instrument Qualification and Calibration:
- Conduct instrument qualification and calibration activities in adherence to company and manufacturer’s protocols, guaranteeing precision and compliance with industry standards.
- Develop and refine calibration and qualification protocols to enhance instrument performance and reliability.
- Innovatively develop new protocols for instrument operation, qualification, calibration, and preventive maintenance, demonstrating a proactive approach to instrument management.
- Continuously improve procedures to enhance instrument efficiency and longevity.
- Demonstrate adaptability and efficiency in a fast-paced environment by performing daily instrument troubleshooting to ensure uninterrupted workflow.
Vendor Collaboration and Contract Negotiation:
- Collaborate with instrument vendors for the procurement, installation, repair, and maintenance of equipment.
- Negotiate contracts when necessary, seeking cost-effective solutions while maintaining quality standards.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering-related field. Consideration will also be given to candidates with equivalent industry experience.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems specific to analytical instruments.
- Exhibit a proactive approach to problem-solving and a strong sense of responsibility for the instrumentation’s performance and reliability.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, facilitating effective collaboration with team members and external vendors.
- Coordinate effectively to ensure instrument-related activities align with project timelines and goals.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must be able to work legally in the U.S.
- Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.