Senior Research Chemist wanted for J-Star Research Inc in Cranbury, New Jersey, with Master’s degree in Chemistry and at least one year of experience in Mass spectrometry. Must have knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, methodology development, reaction optimization, quantitative assays, HPLC, MALDI, LC/MS, GC/MS, NMR, IR, and purification techniques including Column chromatography, crystallization, and distillation. Job duties to be performed:
- Plan and execute process chemistry R&D proposals for pharmaceutical and biotechnology projects in compliance with FDA regulations.
- Design synthetic routes for the preparation of small molecule pharmaceuticals with principles of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Develop chemical methodologies and processes to synthesize active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and chemical intermediates utilizing reaction optimization, high throughput screening, chemo/biocatalytic synthesis, and transition metal catalysis.
- Purify pharmaceutical compounds using column chromatography, crystallization, trituration, extraction, and distillation.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of materials, intermediates, final API, and impurities with Mass Spectrometry techniques including HPLC, MALDI, GC/MS, LC/MS, NMR, and IR.
- Investigate and troubleshoot technical problems in synthetic routes, compound purification, and spectral analysis.
- Write developmental chemistry, process optimization and process scale-up reports to support regulatory requirements.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cranbury