Senior Research Chemist wanted for J-Star Research Inc in Cranbury, New Jersey, with Master’s degree in Chemistry and at least one year of research experience. Must have knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, methodology development, reaction optimization, quantitative assays, HPLC, LC/MS, NMR, IR, purification techniques including column chromatography, crystallization, and distillation. Job duties to be performed:
- Plan and execute process chemistry R&D proposals for pharmaceutical and biotechnology projects in compliance with FDA regulations.
- Design synthetic routes for the preparation of small molecule pharmaceuticals with principles of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Develop and optimize chemical methodologies and processes to synthesize active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and chemical intermediates utilizing reaction route scouting, and design of experiments (DoE).
- Scale up the manufacturing process in non-GMP and cGMP kilolabs with operation of the corresponding process equipment.
- Collaborate in a cross functional team with QA, QC and engineers to support the cGMP production.
- Purify pharmaceutical compounds using column chromatography, crystallization, and distillation.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of materials, intermediates, final API, and impurities with analytical chemistry instrumentation such as HPLC, LC-MS, NMR, IR.
- Investigate and troubleshoot technical problems in synthetic routes, compound purification, and spectral analysis.
- Write developmental chemistry, process optimization and process scale-up reports to support regulatory requirements.
Please send resume to HR@JSTAR-Research.com using subject line: GH-Senior Research Chemist /J-Star Research Inc.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cranbury